Save up to 50% on the vacation of your dreamsLearn More
All aboard to the Grand Canyon!Book Tickets
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel – 3 Diamond comfort, indoor pool, charismatic bar, walking distance from downtown and Route 66.Stay With Us
We’re taking steps to create a safe environment for our guests and our staff.Health & Safety
Ride like a baron – take your group in a private rail carPrivate Charters
Standing on the rim of the Grand Canyon is life-changing. The train is the grandest entrance to the Grand Canyon.
- The Grand Canyon Railway, Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, RV Park, and Pet Resort are all open.
- In Williams, all-you-care-to-eat breakfasts and dinners are available at The Fred Harvey Restaurant. Spenser’s Pub offers lighter fare and desserts for dine-in or carry out from late afternoon into the evening.
- Inside Grand Canyon National Park:
- Notice: Wearing a face mask is required in all buildings in the national park, regardless of vaccination status
- Shuttle schedules have been modified as follows:
- Our partners at the National Park Service have decided to cancel shuttles on the Purple route for the remainder of 2021.
- The other shuttles are running modified schedules. Learn more on the NPS website here.
- For the latest information, please visit the National Park Service website.
- Mandatory Mask Policy While on Train: Due to mandates from the Transportation Security Administration, face coverings are required for all staff and all passengers age two (2) and above while onboard the Grand Canyon Railway, regardless of vaccination status.
- Voluntary Mask Policy While at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel Facilities: Vaccinated guests are encouraged to wear masks while at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, our gift shops, Spenser’s Pub, and The Fred Harvey Restaurant, but masks are not mandatory. We request that unvaccinated guests continue to wear masks while on-property.
The historic Grand Canyon Railway departs daily from Williams, Arizona to the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon. Enhance your Grand Canyon experience with an entertaining train ride featuring western musicians and cowboy characters on vintage rail cars. You can plan a whole vacation – we offer many packages that include lodging at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel and inside Grand Canyon National Park. And, we’re taking steps to make sure we’re creating a safe environment. Plan your adventure today!
Since 1901, the Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel has been taking passengers on a fabled journey to the heart of one of the seven wonders of the world. Grand Canyon Railway is more than just a mode of transportation: it’s a trip back in time on lovingly restored rail cars with entertaining musicians and the antics of cowboy characters. Out your window, the terrain changes from high desert to prairie, prairie to pine. It’s a view that’s ever-changing until you come across a view so brilliant, it could very well change you.
Departing Daily from Williams, AZ
The train departs daily at 9:30 a.m. Mountain Time (except during November/December when it leaves at 8:30 a.m.) and returns to Williams at 5:45 p.m. (except during November/December when it returns at 4:45 p.m.). Enjoy more than 3 hours at the canyon as the train drops you right in the Historic Village at the South Rim.Schedule
6 Ways to Ride
Explore each class of train service. Lovingly restored to their former glory, each class is distinctly unique.Train Classes
Charter Your Own Private Car
The Railway offers private charters. Choose your car(s) – you get the whole space for your private party.Private Charters
Health & Safety
We started wearing face coverings decades ago! Find out about the steps we’re taking to keep our guests and employees safe.Safety
Enjoy a Wild West Shootout before the train departs. Then, keep your eyes open for bandits…. Enjoy the tunes of the West during the ride.Entertaining Ride
Riding the rails to the canyon is just one part of an unforgettable Grand Canyon experience. Whether you need lodging at both ends of our line or you’re driving an RV, Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel will take great care of you and even your pets! Our hotel and RV park are located adjacent to the historic Williams Depot and a couple blocks from downtown Williams and “The Mother Road” – Route 66. Plus, with a variety of Grand Canyon vacation deals to choose from, we’ll also save you money in the process.
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
The 298-room 3-diamond Grand Canyon Railway Hotel offers convenient lodging right next door to the train station. Enjoy an indoor pool and a location that’s walking distance to downtown and Route 66.Stay
All Aboard on The Polar Express
Travel on a magical train ride to see Santa at the North Pole. The Polar Express departs this winter. Does the bell still ring for you?The Polar Express
Grand Canyon Railway RV Park
Adjacent to the train depot is our 124-site RV Park – walking distance to downtown and Route 66.RV Park
Historic Williams Depot
Built in 1908 the Williams Depot has sent off trains for more than a century and is an attraction unto itself. It’s now the ticket counter, a retail shop and coffee house.Williams Depot
Winter Getaway Package - Save 30%
Save up to 30% off the train fare in conjunction with these 1- or 2-night packages.Book Now
Phoenix to Grand Canyon Road Trip
Here’s a suggested way to see the Grand Canyon state, originating from the Phoenix area.Road Trip from Phoenix
Williams, Arizona is located off Interstate 40. The famed Route 66 runs right through downtown.Directions
LA to the Grand Canyon Road Trip
If you’re traveling from the West Coast, here is an itinerary to help with your planning.Road Trip from LA
Make the most of your trip to the grandest of canyons. Here are resources to help.Planning Resources
Travel by RV
The Grand Canyon Railway RV Park is an ideal place to stay if you’re traveling in an RV.Learn More