Choose your Adventure
Popular Packages – Bundle and Save 10% Year-Round
We’ve done the planning for you. Enjoy a pre-set itinerary with everything you need for an unforgettable Grand Canyon experience. Plus, save 10%* when you reserve a 2-night “Canyon Discovery” package.
The Canyon Discovery Package
Enjoy a 2-night getaway to the canyon! Bundle and save 10%.
- Wild West Show before the train departs at the Williams Depot
- Roundtrip train travel from Williams, AZ to the Grand Canyon with entertainment from strolling musicians and personalized service and insider knowledge from your Passenger Service Attendant
- Guide-narrated 1.5 hour motorcoach rim tour to scenic points along the South Rim
- Free time at the canyon to explore
- Two nights in Williams at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel adjacent to the historic train depot
- Two breakfasts and two dinners at the Grand Depot Cafe, next to the hotel
The Canyon Discovery Plus
Enjoy all the elements of the “Canyon Discovery,” plus spend more than 24 hours inside Grand Canyon National Park with an overnight stay at Maswik Lodge North. Maswik Lodge is a modern facility spread over several acres of Ponderosa Pine forest, located walking distance from the canyon’s edge and historic Grand Canyon Village. Much of the Village was built in the early 1900s by the railroad. Here you’ll find landmark buildings like El Tovar, Hopi House, Lookout Studio, the Bright Angel trailhead and more.
Customize Your Package with Train Travel That’s Right For You
These aren’t just train cars. They’re classics – restored with love – and ready to be proudly shared with you.
- Pullman Class: Experience train travel circa 1923 in our classic rail cars that have bench-style seats and windows that open to let in the fresh mountain air.
- Coach Class: Travel to the canyon in streamlined cars made in the 1950s with big windows and air conditioning in warmer months.
- First Class: Spread out with over-sized seats, big windows, bar service, and complimentary snacks in the morning and afternoon.
- Observation Dome: Ride high above in a streamliner-era dome. Bar service is available, with complimentary snacks provided in the morning and afternoon.
- Luxury Dome: This is the grandest car in our fleet – a full-length dome up top and a spacious lounge down below with private bar service, exclusive cocktails, and morning and afternoon snacks provided.
- Luxury Parlor: Travel like a rail baron in our plush parlor car. Step out on the rear platform and see the landscape from a different and unique perspective. Enjoy a private bar featuring exclusive cocktails, and morning and afternoon snacks provided.
Comfortable & Convenient Accommodations
Canyon Discovery packages include a stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, which is located adjacent to the historic Williams Depot and is walking distance to downtown Williams and its famed main street – Route 66. Right off the lobby, stop by Spenser’s Pub for a beverage with its classic handcrafted bar built in England in the 1800s. Plus, there’s an indoor swimming pool and hot tub as well as a great playground for the kids. The hotel features many room types, and most have been updated in 2015 and 2016. Most rooms have two queen beds to accommodate parties of all sizes.
Add a night in Grand Canyon National Park! Our 3-night Canyon Discovery Plus package offers stays at Maswik Lodge North which is a short walk to the rim of the canyon and the historic Grand Canyon Village.
An Entertaining Ride
You know the Grand Canyon Railway is a historic ride on the rails with real, restored locomotives and vintage cars. But did you know there are musicians who roam the train playing the tunes of the West? How about that each car has a Passenger Service Attendant who will share facts about the area and the canyon and help you maximize your time while at the South Rim? And of course, there are cowboys! Each morning before the train leaves, the Cataract Creek Gang and the Marshal square off at the Williams Depot. Then later in the day, don’t be surprised if those cowboys are up to their shenanigans… They’ve been known to try a train robbery or two in their day.
A Small Town With a Big Heart
Grand Canyon Railway departs daily from Williams, Arizona. This classic mountain town is located in the Ponderosa pine forest at around 6,800 feet elevation. The town has a four-season climate and provides year-round activities, from rodeos to skiing to nearby attractions like Bearizona. Dubbed the “Gateway to the Grand Canyon,” Williams main street is none other than the Mother Road herself – Route 66. Along the famed road you’ll find classic retail stores, bars, restaurants all with a western flair.